HP and Citrix announce the new HP Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box designed especially for mid-size businesses.
Let’s admit it. Who doesn’t love to buy something that’s just flat out easy to use? It’s like the simplicity of assembling Lego Blocks when you were a kid. You bought them. Took them home. Opened the box, and started snapping. No one had to teach you how to build with them. In short, they were and to this day, still are simple, quick, and intuitive to use…just by design. Not only that, they always provide a predictable experience.
That’s the best way to describe today’s HP and Citrix SMB reference architecture—a simple to use, affordable, and repeatable VDI solution for midsized businesses.
Today’s small and mid-size businesses (SMBs) are facing similar challenges that their larger Enterprise cousins are facing; especially in the area of empowering secure workforce mobility and flexibility. The modern mobile professional wants and needs the ability to work any time, from any location, using any device whether it’s their own or a company provided notebook, tablet, or smartphone. In a nutshell the industry’s tagged this mobility model “BYOD”, or simply Bring Your Own Device. At the same time, the non-negotiable from IT is that deploying such a work model must be secure and easy to manage.
But the challenges are many. Resource-constrained IT departments found in a small universities, accounting firms, insurance companies, or hospitals need solutions that are simple to deploy and easy to manage.
The HP Client Virtualization SMB solution for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box addresses these needs head on.
Our goal is simple. Remove the guess work from deploying a virtualized desktop solution for midsized companies, remote office, or branch office, and make it easy to build and manage.
- Simplicity and speed: HP and Citrix have validated an integrated VDI solution based on the HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server and Citrix VDI-in-a-Box all-in-one SMB VDI solution.
- In about two hours you can import the Citrix all-in-one patented VDI grid architecture to your HP ProLiant server. All you have to do is power it up, and you are ready to deliver virtual desktops to your workers.
- The combined solution eliminates over 60% of traditional VDI infrastructure costs through software integration.
- There’s no need to deploy separate load balancers, connection brokers, management servers, or shared storage.
- The HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server and Citrix VDI-in-box all-in-one software appliance provides all you need.
Predictable, repeatable cost and performance: Whether you start with a single stand-alone HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 server or a grid of multiple servers, the performance and user capacity per server remains constant unchanged. And to make it even easier to deploy, we’re providing you a pre-sized, fully tested blueprint optimized for two deployment sizes; one for a 50 productivity user environment and one for 100 productivity users.
- Built-in-high availability: To protect your users in the event of server failure, simply add additional HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 servers to the grid and the system automagically balances the load across all servers-and ensures high availability.
- Rich high-definition end-user access to applications: Using Citrix HDX and Receiver we deliver sure and secure access, regardless of the device. That means dependable performance over both WAN and LAN environments.
- Endpoint Devices: Citrix HDX Ready HP Thin Clients and Smart Zero Clients make security and management a breeze. Together we deliver a “high definition” desktop virtualization user experience to end users for any application, device or network.
So whether you’re a small university or school, government agency, real-estate company, bank, or medical facility, now you can easily deliver, and centrally-manage virtual desktops for any user, anytime, and on any device – for less than the cost of new PC’s.
Review HP’s solution brief today and look for a technical whitepaper (reference architecture) – available soon – to simplify your VDI deployment.
You can learn more about this solution at HP Client Virtualization.