What is Converged Infrastructure?
Converged Infrastructure combines several traditionally siloed IT components into a single optimized solution. By converging servers, data storage, networking equipment and software, Converged Infrastructure solutions provide a scalable and more cost efficient way to quickly deploy a more simplified IT infrastructure.
Characteristics of a Converged Infrastructure include:
- End-to-End Virtualization Compute, storage, network and I/O
- Resilient Improved availability using less infrastructure
- Open Choice, flexibility, and interoperable
- Orchestrated Automated arrangement, coordination, and management of complex computer systems, middleware, and services
- Modular Replace or add any one component (module) without affecting the rest of the compute solution
What Comprises a Converged Infrastructure Solution?
These solutions are completely integrated and sold as a completely integrated IT offering, but they are comprised of the following technologies:
|Typically large modular core switches|
|Hypervisor and management software|
|Network attached storage|
This unified approach to IT infrastructure heralds the convergence of network and compute layers, which simplifies data center manageability and improves flexibility and utilization. It also allows IT to focus more on delivering services to end users, and less on how to piece together disparate IT components and make them work together.
Getting Started with BIT
Your BIT Account Executive is ready to assist you with every phase of choosing and leveraging the right solution for your IT environment. Our approach includes:
- An initial discovery session to understand your goals, requirements, and budget
- An assessment review of your existing environment and definition of project requirements
- Detailed vendor evaluations, recommendations, future design and proof of concept
- Procurement, configuration, and deployment of the final solution
- Ongoing product lifecycle support
- Overview of requirements and service assessment